Praise the Lord. Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; His love endures forever. Psalm 106:1

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Today's Mercies for Today's Troubles...


"Do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble". Matthew 6:34

"As your days, so shall your strength be." Duet.33:25

Day by day, and with each passing moment,
strength I find to meet my trials here;
Trusting in my Father's wise bestowment,
I've no cause for worry or for fear.
He whose heart is kind beyond all measure
gives unto each day what he deems best.
Lovingly its part of pain and pleasure mingling toil with peace and rest.

These scriptures bring much encouragement to my heart. I have people that often say to me "how do you do it?" The truth? I really don't. I am thankful that I have a wonderful heavenly father that carries me through my day's and sustains me with his everlasting love. Many day's I cry out "Help, I don't want to do this any longer". But God who is not subject to my feelings or emotions meets me everyday in every moment; because HE is faithful. One thing that I have learned is that God is faithful even when we are not. God is bigger even when we think we are. God never leaves us without his mercy or grace to carry us through any circumstance. I know this not because I feel this all the time, but because it is truth, so I desperately cling to it.

3 comments:

Mimi Meredith said...

Christina, I am Mimi Meredith, author of the bloomin' blog and owner of Goodness Grows®. I would like to visit with you by email or phone, but am not able to find the information on your profile. Please feel free to contact me at mimi@thegoodnessgrows.com. I would like to communicate as soon as possible.

Thank you very much!
Mimi Meredith

Anonymous said...

Hey you, why the new title?

Anonymous said...

Christina,
I really enjoy watching the family grow up. I was able to watch you grow up and truly enjoyed it, and now with this site I am able to watch off of the kids grow up. Wish we lived closer.

Love you,
Aunt Paula
paula@steveins.com